APRIL EVENING MUSIC TRAIN CHESTER TO PLUMLEY
25th April 2012
The Time Bandits, Full House and Roy Clinging are playing and singing on the music train from Chester and at the Golden Pheasant pub in Plumley.
They are promoting Chester Folk Festival to be held at Kelsall from Friday 1st June to Monday 4th June.
The Train leaves Chester at 19:07.
How our Music Trains work
• we use the regular hourly services on the Mid Cheshire Line
• musicians play on the train, both ways, and at the pub
• there is no charge for the music - your 'admission' is the train fare – though there is a collection for the musicians on the train
• pubs have special Music Train menus - Click here Golden Pheasant Menu The Greyhound Menu
• on the trains to Plumley and Ashley there is nothing else to pay (other than your drinks and food at the Golden Pheasant and the Greyhound).
• no need to book to Plumley or Ashley but please tell the Music Trains organiser in advance if you plan to bring a group of eight or more
• on the trains to Chester there is a package deal (booked in advance) to cover taxis between the station and Alexanders - and sausages and mash at Alexanders – your train ticket is extra.
• buy your ticket at the station at Chester, Piccadilly and Stockport.
• at Northwich, Knutsford and Altrincham buy it at the ticket office if it is open
• at other stations (or if the ticket office is closed) just board the train and buy your ticket from the conductor - you can pay with a credit or debit card.
• Northern Rail’s Duo ticket allows two adults to travel together for 75% of the cost of two standard or off-peak adult returns
The Mid Cheshire Line
• trains run every hour from Monday to Saturday and every two hours on Sundays.
• operated by Northern Rail www.northernrail.org
• provides rail links to the national rail network at Manchester, Chester and Stockport
• connects with Metrolink at Altrincham
Mid Cheshire Community Rail Partnership
• Music Trains are arranged by the Mid-Cheshire Community Rail Partnership
• the Partnership promotes the Line, encourages people to use it and develops community involvement through its Community Rail Officer.
• for news of events on the Line see the Partnership’s website or subscribe to the mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sally Buttifant, Community Rail Officer, 01244 976788 or 0773 652 3863 email@example.com
• Michael Ross, Music Trains organiser, firstname.lastname@example.org