The station opened in 1869 as part of the West Cheshire Railway’s line from Northwich to Helsby & Alvanley. The West Cheshire Railway formed part of the Cheshire Lines Committee.
Delamere station, with its superb station café on the Chester bound platform is situated in Delamere forest, Cheshire′s largest woodland.
Within Delamere forest there is a visitor centre and cafe.
A great place to visit with its outdoor covered seating and bike hire shop.
The 30-mile ‘Sandstone Trail′ walk cuts through the forest, once a royal hunting ground in Norman times; it is now a haven for wildlife.
Delamere Station has won a number of awards in the Cheshire Best Kept Station Competition.