The station opened in 1862 as part of the first phase of the Cheshire Midland Railway’s line from Altrincham to Knutsford. The Cheshire Midland Railway formed part of the Cheshire Lines Committee in 1865.
The main Mobberley station house building on the Chester bound platform is now an office. The station is just over 1 mile from the church and the oldest part of village.
Beside the station there are several railway cottages and the Railway Inn.
The signal box adjacent to the station is still operational controlling the level crossing gates
Mobberley station was overall winner of Cheshire’s Best Kept Station Award in 2004, thanks to members of the Mobberley Village Society.